Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is apparently planning on releasing a Daniel Bryan autobiography, likely in April of next year, according to PW Insider. His career will be chronicled but the focus will be on his WrestleMania 30 journey. Working title: "YES! My Improbable Journey to the Main Event of WrestleMania."
- Big Show is apparently done filming scenes for the movie he'll be starring in for WWE Studios, Vendetta, and will be making his return to TV shortly.
- Speaking of returns, Batista is not expected back by SummerSlam but he will definitely be back for Night of Champions, which will be a heavily pushed card for the WWE Network to entice subscribers to re-up after the first six-month period ends.
- With Santino Marella retiring from wrestling, WWE needs a new comedy act. Word is that role will be filled by Adam Rose going forward. Considering how much of a joke his character has always been, I suppose that makes sense. Then again, it's possible he's already trying to be that by doing what he was doing in his match with Titus O'Neil on Superstars as written about here. Because, you know, sexual harassment is funny and all that.
- With Chael Sonnen having been fired by both UFC and Fox Sports as both a fighter and announcer, there was talk of his possibly coming to WWE. Apparently, WWE is uninterested at present time.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.