Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Because of promotional work for Fast & Furious 7 getting pushed back, some are taking that to mean The Rock won't be doing WrestleMania 31 next year. He's already stated both the money and the level of opponent would have to be right for him to return now, so it may not have been likely anyway. Still, he could make it work if that's the direction WWE decided they want to go.
- Speaking of Rock, there was some buzz going around that he may actually be working the show after some noticed the website for Levi's Stadium featured a poster for WrestleMania next year with "The Great One" front and center. However, this is not indicative of any plans nor is it the official post for WrestleMania 31.
- There's a picture going around social media of Bray Wyatt attacking Erick Rowan with a chair while John Cena clotheslines Luke Harper at a house show in Tokyo. You can see it in this tweet, which riled up a bunch of fans. However, house show reports indicate Wyatt was swinging to hit Cena, who had bailed off to take out Harper, and instead caught Rowan. So as bad as the pic looks, it appears to have been taken out of context and sensationalized.
- A little late getting to this but there's been a rumor going around that 80,000 subscribers to the WWE Network right now come from Germany. That, obviously, would be bad news for WWE, seeing as the over-the-top service hasn't officially rolled out overseas.
- There was a rumor floating around that former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans had inquired about jumping ship to WWE to become a professional wrestler. Well, he told MMAmania.com that if did show up in WWE it wouldn't be for "at least four years" because that's how long he plans on continuing his mixed martial arts career.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.