Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- I know, I know, more CM Punk and all that but the Wrestling Observer outright reported that because Punk will be doing the Gibson Brands AP Music Awards Show and using the name Punk, that means he won't be re-signed by WWE when his contract runs out on July 17 and he will retain usage rights of that name. So there you go. This could very well be the last (or at least very close to the last) Punk rumor for some time.
- To expand on the Daniel Bryan news from late last night, his status within WWE is in question. Remember there were already rumblings of the company losing confidence in his ability to be the dependable wrestler he's always been? His physical state is such that WWE isn't sure of anything anymore and, as mentioned by the Observer, he's totally out of all plans moving forward and any recovery news will be a bonus.
- Locker room morale within WWE is apparently low thanks to issues with money -- including video game payouts and unease over the WrestleMania 30 paycheck that will be coming very shortly -- and the dress code that was instituted not long ago.
- Here's one that should make you happy: Renee Young is apparently not just super over with WWE fans, but with WWE brass as well. If she does well in her new commentary role on Superstars, it's entirely possible she'll move on to SmackDown and she may even make it to Monday Night Raw eventually. This could be in response to ESPN wanting to steal her away but unlike those who left before her, she's living the dream right now and keeping it rolling is what she's focused on.
- Early estimates on the Ring of Honor Best in the World pay-per-view buy numbers appear to be around 10,000.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.