Update: Former WWE Writer, Alex Greenfield, was nice enough to comment about Mr. Dunn.
What you loved:
- Production - Especially in the past he has helped the WWE produce high-quality live events. It's fair to say he's helped given us many amazing shots over the years.
- Jim Cornette - Thanks to Dunn, we got an amazing nuclear meltdown from Cornette.
- Khali Club - The club is looking to get someone new on the dance floor.
- Longevity - He gets some props for staying with the same company for so long.
My favorite comment comes via thehobodownthestreet:
"If you listen to Stone Cold on his podcast long enough, not only does he call Kevin his friend, but he also credits him with making him a Superstar. And for all the crap you want to dump on him, guess what? WWE is the number one wrestling promotion in the world, and is not even close. He is partly responsible for that. Hate the man based all, on hearsay, rumors and speculations. I never met him, he has never done anything to me. I watch the WWE out of my own freewill, no one puts a gun to my head and forces me to watch. I know, that if I don’t like the product, I am not obligated to continue watching. And yeah, Jim Cornette is so cool bashing Dunn, just how cool is Cornette. Remind me again about how great ROH did once Cornette took over."
What you loathed:
- Teeth - Them buck-tooth teeth though...
- Treatment of Women - His segments have never been progressive for women's wrestling, they are almost always trashy. His "Diss the Diva" segment from the Diva Search is one of the worst things ever shown by the WWE.
- His Views - He puts entertainment, way before sports. Recently, word is he is not a fan of some of the newer wrestlers. It seems like so many people who have been successful in NXT are getting screwed on the main-roster.
- Yes Man - He must be a fan of whatever Vince comes up with to be around so long. We know from history those who question Vince don't last long.
- Kevin Dunn - It's not just you guys who aren't fans, but just look at people in the business who don't like him; Cornette, Bearer, Jericho, Edge, and Heyman. There was even a former WWE writer on Twitter who said; "Is there an approved HTML tag to get the 'spewing venom' font?"
My favorite comment comes from The Notorious Eddie Mac (who said more here):
"The late William Moody (aka Paul Bearer) hates him. If Paul Bearer (who from what I understand never really hated anybody) hates you, you’ve messed up in life."
Onto the poll! With 461 votes, Kevin Dunn's average score is 1.42. Not only is this the first time we topped 200 comments, but we have a new addition to the Khali Club, and a new low mark, replacing The Great Khali (1.5)!
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is such a heel move.