For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- WrestlingDVDNews.com has confirmed that the WWE is planning on releasing a Sting DVD/Blu Ray in the fall. It will go on sale September 23 in the United States and September 29 in the UK. They are also reporting that there are tentative plans to include Sting in next year's game, possible as a pre-order bonus.
- Apparently the initial report of the timeline regarding Seth Rollins
breaking Geno's heartturning heel -- which claimed it was planned almost a month ago -- was completely false. Even better news for fans of on-the-fly booking, Vince McMahon apparently decided to do it after the low rating for the previous week's Raw on the afternoon before the PPV.
- Rey Mysterio is apparently in a bit of a dispute with the WWE over his contract situation. It's being reported by the Observer that Mysterio was looking to leave the company, but as has been noted previously, Vince unilaterally renewed his contract because of the amount of time Mysterio has spent out hurt while getting paid. It's important to note that it's not as though they aren't paying for this year as well, and not an attempt to make him work for free by Vince McMahon.
- You can now get a year-long WWE Network subscription for the same price it was cost without it. It's being advertised as a Father's Day gift.
- The next NXT Live show looks like it might be on September 10, and now would be a good time to remind everyone about the rumors floating around that the company is planning on filming an episode of Raw live from Full Sail. Which would probably end up being one of the tougher tickets to get in professional wrestling history.
- Speaking of NXT live events, Tyler Breeze made himself at NXT Takeover in his match against Sami Zayn. And it appears that the brass has noticed, with the match putting Breeze's stock way up in the eyes of the company.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.