For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- Sting has reportedly been offered the basic contract given to Legends, with no known bonuses or guarantees. There's also no word on the money, but it's said that they are in negotiations.
- Ric Flair was in Pittsburgh on June 2 getting tests, with the hopes that if he's medically cleared he can appear on television as soon as they can get the Miz off the set of Marine 4.
- Cesaro and Brock Lesnar still appears to be on the table as a feud following SummerSlam, which would help jump start Cesaro's the rumored face turn.
- The Usos will not be losing the titles to Bray's Dueling Banjo Band, as some had hoped and others backstage believe it's time for. It's being rumored that The Ascension will be the team to take the belts off of Jey and Jimmy.
- The Observer is reporting that the WWE is helping DDP with Jake Roberts' and Scott Hall's recoveries. They've done so by hiring professionals familiar with the rehabilitation process and having them work with the pair. It also seems as though Roberts has been in contact with Bray Wyatt and talked to him about developing his character.
- Tough Enough tapings are being delayed as the people they want to have involved are unable to get their schedules together. While it's unclear how far back it'll be pushed from its planned start of the beginning of July is unclear, but it seems like it will happen.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.