Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The odds shifting in Kane's favor late in the day leading into Money in the Bank was apparently the result of WWE hoping fans would believe he would win even though it was always planned that John Cena was getting the titles.
- Brock Lesnar is scheduled back just after the Battleground event on July 20 and the plan is still in place to have him headline SummerSlam challenging John Cena for the title. It's almost certain he's winning, too.
- Regarding Daniel Bryan's announcement that he may need a second surgery, the belief is that part is a work and he won't be out any longer than before. His comments about not regaining strength in his arm is apparently a direct reference to reports that have surfaced online about his recovery.
- There has apparently been talk of pushing back the planned Roman Reigns vs. Triple H match to Night of Champions with the idea that it will help earn subscriber renewals for the WWE Network. Expect things to heat up creatively one way or another around SummerSlam because the squeeze will be on to get everyone to renew their subscription.
- Undertaker is still feeling the effects of his match with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 30. He's been slowly easing back into working out but considering how long it's taken him to heal, it's looking less and less likely he'll work WrestleMania 31. Of course, that's always the word around this time.
- Remember those rumors of Jonathan Coachman possibly returning to WWE with a working agreement that would see him continue his gig at ESPN while doing some stuff for WWE on the side? That fell through and Coachman apparently isn't happy about it.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.