For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- So, while it seems that Brock Lesnar is definitely going to be at SummerSlam, what he'll be doing there is up in the air as it stands now. There's nothing being said backstage about him and Daniel Bryan working a match at the show, and it seems to not just because of the uncertainty regarding the latter's health and availability.
- This also has apparently taken plans for a Money in the Bank cash-in by Cesaro on whomever won the match at the show off the table. Though the fact that they'd look to put the belt on him that quickly and in that prominent a spot makes it fairly clear how they feel about him and how strong his push maybe
- There were some serious rumors rumbling before tonight's show regarding a potential injury to Roman Reigns' triceps. While he seemed okay on Raw, it's definitely something that seems like a serious issue before that other thing happened on the show.
- TNA may be getting back Taryn Terrell and Manik back. Not sure what they will do for them, but who doesn't love positive TNA news?
- It appears that Rusev is literally getting the "Umaga push". It's important to remember that put the Samoan Bulldozer in the headline match of one of the most popular WrestleManias of all time, several WWE title programs and two Intercontinental title reigns. And that Lana is a way better version of Armando Alejandro Estrada.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.