Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Although WWE was pushing the idea of doing a John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar match at SummerSlam with the news blast they sent out to their mailing list, it's now possible Cena won't win the title at Money in the Bank because they feel like they need to change the finish.
- Despite that, Cena vs. Lesnar for the WWE world heavyweight championship is still apparently scheduled to headline SummerSlam because Daniel Bryan is still expected out until after then. So they could do a title change at Battleground with Cena going over whomever wins at Money in the Bank.
- The update on Bad News Barrett, absent official word from WWE, is that he's not going to make the Money in the Bank contract ladder match. Instead of attempting to find a replacement for him, they'll just move ahead with six wrestlers instead of seven.
- EC3 was apparently injured during one of the TNA Impact tapings in NYC while working a hardcore match. The word is he needed staples in his head but he'll be okay.
- Officials with Spike TV were allegedly in attendance at the TNA Impact tapings in NYC and came away impressed by the proceedings. The talent worked their ass off for the shows and the crowd treated them well, for the most part. This has fueled speculation that a new TV deal will be done soon.
- Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre appear to be taking bookings together on the independent scene. McIntyre, for his part, is booked for Evolve shows with Evan Bourne in August.
- Marcus Louis (leg) and Cal Bishop (rotator cuff) of NXT are both dealing with injuries.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.