For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- Although he will likely not be pushed in the main event any time soon, Dolph Ziggler may find himself in a title match in the short-term: if he and Bad News Barrett aren't included in the Money in the Bank ladder match for the briefcase carrying a contract for a WWE world heavyweight title match, they could well be featured together in a bout for the Intercontinental title.
- Big Show will be kept off of TV while he is filming the movie Vendetta. This might have been assumed when the news broke recently, but that -- along with his absence from TV leading up to the beginning of filming -- have now been confirmed.
For those who missed it, Cody Rhodes profile has been removed from WWE's website, and replaced with one for Stardust.
- In addition to injuring her co-workers, Aksana appeared to have fallen out of favor with Kevin Dunn in the lead up to her release. Also not helping her cause were the planned promotions of Sasha Banks --who has quickly become one of the best workers in an increasingly excellent NXT Women's division -- and Charlotte Flair, who put on one of the best matches of the year with Natalya at the developmental territory's last show Takeover.
- The reason the second ladder match wasn't announced on Monday Night Raw is because most of the participants in the battle royal for the last spot in the WWE world heavyweight championship ladder match at Money in the Bank will also be appearing in that match. That, coupled with not wanting to lessen Roman Reigns momentum following his win, led to the match not being mentioned.
- The Funkadacytls look to be breaking up all over the extended WWE Universe, with plans to have their split be played out over both WWE live events/shows and E!'s Total Divas.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.