For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- To the surprise of no one who saw Stephanie McMahon projectile vomit on her during Monday's Raw, Vickie Guerrero is going to be written off television, essentially for good, within the next few weeks. As has been reported here -- and many other places -- previously, she's started attending school and has been looking to leave for a while, but was asked to stay past WrestleMania to help out before they could give her a "proper" send off. We at the Rumor Round-Up (and elsewhere on Cageside) are glad that WWE considers reenacting the Barf-o-Rama scene from Stand By Me a proper send off.
- There are several new DVD sets outside of Sting's that WWE had planned, with names like Cesaro and JBL being considered for DVD projects. It also appears that "roast" style DVDs for John Cena, Ric Flair and number of other performers are in the works, though it's unclear whether these would be talking head interviews or roasts like the one featured on this season of Legends House.
For those concerned with Heath Slater's (and Damien Sandow's) future(s), it appears that 3MB will not be reforming with those two and Hornswoggle. It is being reported that Hornswoggle will be kept off television for a while until Leprechaun: Origins comes out.
- A commercial for Sting's appearance in WWE2K15 is reportedly being shot this week.
- Another WWE project being filmed soon is Vendetta, an action movie that will feature Big Show. The movie, which is directed by the same team behind See No Evil 2, is reportedly about a detective who gets himself thrown in jail to get revenge on the criminal who killed his wife. There's no word yet on whether this character is being played by Big Show, or if this cop character will end up playing by anyone else's rules but his own. This is one of the six films being created as part of a deal with WWE and Lionsgate films.
- Brother Devon, nee Dudley, may be back for more than an induction into the TNA Hall of Fame alongside Buh Buh Ray Dudley, as it appears the two of them will be working matches at least up until their induction into the fabled institution.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.