For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- Ric Flair is reportedly in the process of taking medical tests to come back as a manager for The Miz. Which is exactly who everyone was hoping he would get a chance to work with, despite Flair reported interest in working with Dolph Ziggler.
- The WWE is reportedly looking to launch the Network in the UK around the time of SummerSlam. Likely a few weeks before, in fact, possibly to work out whatever technical issues may come up before they have to stream the second largest show of the year across two continents.
- The Usos briefly lost their titles at a live event in Belfast, with Luke Harper and Erick Rowan using the belts to take out Jimmy Uso for a pinfall and the temporary decision. It was quickly reversed, however, when Dave "Fit" Finlay -- the Belfast Bruiser himself -- came out to explain to the referee what happens. There's no word on whether this was testing out a future angle or just an excuse to get a hometown performer on the show.
- TNA is a-hoping, a-wishing, and a-praying that Kurt Angle is coming back, apparently, just days after rumors of them assuming he was all but gone. With his return being mentioned five months in advance, and in spite of it being after his contract expires with the company, it seems like TNA is more hopeful than they were last week.
- Showing the futility of human existence/internet rumor mongering, it appears that all of the hullabaloo about the release date for WWE2K15 was all nonsense. The company announced on their Twitter it will come out around the time everyone expected, October 28. Whether or not this means WCW or MyPlayer modes will be in the game is unclear.
- The WWE is considering several DVD projects, including "30 for 30" style documentaries, ones similar to Daniel Bryan's Road to WrestleMania, a series of one man shows similar to those performed on stage by Mick Foley and Jim Ross and perhaps most interestingly, a genre referred to as "WWE Reveals". This appear to be taking an actual look backstage during several legitimately controversial events/periods. Possible topics mentioned were the MSG Incident/Curtain Call, Andy Kaufman and Jerry Lawler's angle and the XFL among other (even more legitimately) controversial stories like the handling of Owen Hart's passing.
- There will be much rejoicing in the streets on May 24th, when the Great Khali is supposed to be coming back to the WWE after a brief hiatus since WrestleMania.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them for as such.