For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- Before his surgery, Daniel Bryan was scheduled to come back for the Money in the Bank PPV on June 29, but now there's serious uncertainty about him being back in time for that. If he can't get back by then, either Battleground or SummerSlam would be the obvious choices for his return. However, regardless of when he comes back, it's being reported that his style will be toned down considerably for the foreseeable future and possibly permanently. Topes, missile dropkicks, and, of course, diving headbutts, would be some of the things likely taken out of his moveset.
- Regardless of when Daniel Bryan comes back, he may be working with Triple H. If he were to come back at the Money in the Bank PPV on June 29 in Boston, he is scheduled to work at MSG against the COO at the July 12 live event. The match is reportedly advertised for Bryan's WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
- Also scheduled for that MSG show is Sheamus vs. Randy Orton for the US title and John Cena-Bray Wyatt, which would imply that their feud would be going at least another two PPVs and possibly leading up to a third at Battleground.
- There are a number of rumors regarding Ric Flair's return, including that it's being held up by a possible international tour the Nature Boy is close to signing on for. There are also discussion about whether or not he would be a part of the Evolution-Shield feud, or as a manager for The Miz. Perhaps the most interesting rumor, however, is that Flair is actively pushing to manage Dolph Ziggler.
- The original plan for Natalya Neidhart and Charlotte Flair's match for the vacant NXT Women's title match at NXT Takeover was for Bret Hart and Ric Flair to be the appropriate corners. However, having not signed a new Legends' contract, Hart is reportedly unable to make the show due to prior commitments, but Jim Neidhart may take his place.
- Zach Ryder continues to deny that he's the member of the Rosebuds who dresses like a rabbit. We continue to not believe him.
- According to WrestleZone, the WWE's top brass -- Vince McMahon, HHH and Kevin Dunn -- are (not surprisingly) very high on Bray Wyatt, Bad News Barrett and Roman Reigns. In fact, it's apparently a "race" to see who wins the title first. And, apparently, if you're the betting type, your money should be on Reigns. Brock Lensar and The Rock are being touted as possible opponents, and since the WWE title would probably be on the line, that would mean one of them would be WWE Champion going into the match. If it's the Rock, he's likely to win the title at Royal Rumble as he still has a rematch for the title following his loss to Cena. The only thing WrestleZone didn't seem willing to report was whether or not that meant Cena would be the champion come the Royal Rumble.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them for as such.