Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There are a ton of absolutely bat shit insane rumors flying around about Undertaker's streak and why it was broken. Most appear to be bullshit, but this is the rumors column, so here you go.
- The first batch of insanity is that Brock Lesnar went into business for himself. This is utter and complete bullshit but you know how these things can go. The next big rumor is that Undertaker was injured during the match and had to be taken to the hospital immediately after, likely for a concussion. This one at least could be true because I know when I was watching there was a spot when his head slammed the mat and did a double tap and I cringed. Another rumor is that Undertaker is retiring and this was his last match. That would be incredibly sad, especially for this to be his last match to go out on. Last 'Taker rumor: Vince McMahon pushed him into retirement and this year and while Undertaker wanted to give the streak to someone else, he got stuck with Lesnar. That's not something I can buy, but there you go.
- As for how this affects Sting, the word is that he's still coming on board with WWE and he's still expected to debut on Monday Night Raw later on this evening. As for that Undertaker dream match at WrestleMania 31, that appears to be out the window, although anything is possible. There's been a suggestion of a retirement match between the two where they both go out that way, but I can't imagine it happening.
- As many of you undoubtedly noticed, CM Punk did not return to WWE last night. The word around the water cooler is that it was never the plan and WWE simply allowed the speculation to run wild because it's, you guessed it, best for business.
- Christian makes his return to the Rumor Roundup because his concussion and misfortune created the opportunity for Cesaro to sneak into the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. The decision was made to fast track the Real Americans break up because Christian wasn't going to work the show, so they had Cesaro ditch Jack Swagger on the pre-show so he could go win the Battle Royal later on. Apparently, it wasn't originally planned that way but WWE is expecting big things from Cesaro and have a big angle planned to get him over big on Raw tonight.
- More of a reminder than anything, but Jeff Jarrett is expected to announce his new wrestling promotion today.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.