Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- I would like to start this by saying thank you to Eric B. Stephen for running this column for so long. His contributions to the site have been invaluable and I want to personally wish him well in all his future endeavors. It sucks to lose him and his work was greatly appreciated. As for the future of this column, I assure you, Cagesiders, it will still be here but a spot is available if anyone wants to step up. Just saying.
- There are still plenty of rumors floating around that CM Punk will be returning at WrestleMania 30. Steve Austin making so many comments about him recently have done nothing to squash all this talk but it does not appear as though anything is planned between the two of them at the show. Austin is involved but not with Punk, though he's maintaining his attitude that he's not ruling anything out. For whatever it's worth, Bryan Alvarez tweeted that Punk was in Illinois last night, so if he's coming it will be last minute, though if that was the plan they would spare no expense to protect that secret.
- Speaking of Austin's role, the talk is he won't be getting involved in any matches on the show, and that includes acting as special guest referee. That wouldn't have made much sense anyway, but there you go. That could always change, of course, but he said he would only come out if they had something for him to do that he liked and he's there and in the plans, so we'll see.
- I suppose this should be prefaced with SPOILER, but Daniel Bryan is apparently winning both matches on Sunday. That's been the plan all week and while the way they get there isn't yet finalized, Bryan winning is reportedly what's going to happen. They could do a switch at the last minute but that's extremely unlikely.
- Cesaro appears to be breaking up with Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter soon, possibly at WrestleMania and maybe at Raw the next day. He's going to get a big push over the summer and should be a featured player by SummerSlam. Expect a feud with a freshly turned Sheamus, who is expected to go heel in the not too distant future.
- There are a lot of people insisting Sting has signed a contract with WWE and while he won't be appearing on television at WrestleMania 30, he is "absolutely" going to debut on Monday Night Raw the next night. The plan, apparently, is to set something up with Undertaker for sometime down the road.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.