For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear. Also, don't let these things ruin your day. It gets better.
Even more NXT news:
With very little else leaking out of the good ship WRESTLING NEWZ, the only thing filling the dirt sheets lately has been information regarding signings and call-ups. But, at least it's not more news about how depressing TNA is? (Don't worry, that's coming later.)
- Although his last match on the scene has already been talked about here at Cageside Seats, what he would be doing was unclear until now: it appears independent wrestling star Drake Younger will be joining WWE's developmental program as a referee. While he's only 29, given his lack of ideal size and less than traditional look, it seems like it will be a hard road uphill if he wants to end up working as a full-time performer.
- The WWE has also signed former model and actress Leyvonna Zakari to a developmental deal. Information on her is scarce, to say the least. But she does have a single credit on her IMDB page -- for the show Pageant vs. Playmate -- making her the second performer signed by the company to have appeared on the show. The first was little known Lauren Mayhew, who briefly appeared on WWE's version of ECW as a ring announcer. To be clear, the only joke in this entire bit of news is how long your correspondent spent researching the show "Pageant vs. Playmate".
- William Regal seems to be moving on up in the world. Word has it that Regal is busy scouting talent in Brazil at FILL promotion's Double Impact show in Rio de Janeiro and BWF's Called To Fight event in Sao Paulo. Considering the influence that HHH has over development for the company, this seems to indicate that Regal -- who helped train current WWE WHC Daniel Bryan -- will be part of the royal court of the future.
- We all heard Monday night -- and speculated in Monday's Rumor Round-Up -- Adam Rose will be debuting on next week's Raw. What you may not have seen was @ItsBayleyWWE mentioning that you can currently buy Rose's new shirt on WWEShop: for several members of the NXT roster following last Thursday's tapings. The company has yet to announce when we can buy Renee Young shirts, but we at the Rumor Round-Up remain BO-lievers. Feel free to display your WORK APPROPRIATE designs for a possible Renee shirt in the comments below.
Random Rumors and NEWZ:
UGHTNA news, it appears that Aces and Eights will be getting a spin-off via also-ran member KNUX, the artist formerly known as Mike Knox. Knox was shown in a vignette on the company's most recent PPV Sacrifice announcing his return. He will be joined by his "family" which includes his "sister" Rebel, "Crazzy" Steve and "The Freak". Who The Freak will be isn't clear, but Crazzy Steve is Canadian wrestler Steve "Crazzy Steve" Scott and Rebel appears to be independent women's wrestler Justine Silver. Although it hasn't been announced that KNUX's family will be bikers who also happen to be backwoods hillbillies, given TNA's recent booking strategy it genuinely can't be ruled out.
- Speaking of TNA's most recent PPV, long time TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bully (Buh Buh) Ray (Dudley) went to the hospital following the show. According to his Twitter account, he suffered a broken rib and bruised another. Hopefully this won't have an adverse effect on his stated goal to be the next James Gandolfini.
- As part of what may truly be the greatest DVD in the history of our sport, former WCW announcer Tony Schiavone was spotted at WWE HQ in Stamford, CT recently. He was there to film footage for an upcoming project speculated to be WWE's "OMG! The Top 50 Incidents In WCW History". How much time he spent reliving the night he sent the company on a death spiral by basically imploring viewers to watch Mick Foley win his first WWE title remains to be seen.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them. If you just get too angry, check out the best #InternetWrestlingWriting of the last week from Cageside Seats and everywhere else. That should make you feel much better.