What you loved:
- Harlem Heat - A fantastic WCW tag team that lasted for two decades. With his partner Stevie Ray they won the WCW Tag Team Titles ten times (say that 5 times fast!).
- King Booker - A great heel during his WWE run with the help of his wife Sharmel. The entrance music, the wave, and the way he said "King Bookah!" were all great.
- In-Ring - A solid worker that could perform both power moves and had high flying abilities. He used that awesome axe kick and had no problem putting others over.
- Spinaroonie - You know you've tried doing it.
- "5-Time!" Champ - There was a period of time where he said this in basically every promo, and somehow it never got old.
Best comment goes to Boxingnut4324:
"His energy. Always fun to watch in the ring and out of it (Booker vs. Austin in the market). Also, the Spinaroonie always makes me smile."
What you loathed:
- Commentator - Pretty easy number one here, he just didn't quite have "it" for this position. Listening to him for two hours could get tiring/annoying.
- WWE Run - This is mostly early on when he was still a "WCW guy." He started by throwing Stone Cold through an announcer table, which was awesome! Then he just got booked into mid-card status for a long time.
- GM - Not one of the better GMs either, just too bland in this role.
- TNA Run - Oh hello old friend, welcome back to the loathe section. Honestly I couldn't tell you what they did with Booker, probably just booked into terrible angles.
- WrestleMania 19 - Talk about a Triple H burial? Here is one of them. Not only did Triple H trash him (saying the WCW title wasn't legit) in promos, but Booker lost at WrestleMania, when winning would have kept him at main event status.
Best comment goes to: AndeeMarshall:
"Okay, so here’s the thing about Booker. Because he was a transplant from WCW, he was booked as a second-class citizen for a large chunk of his WWE run. This includes, but is not limited to: losing to Triple H at WrestleMania, being lumped into a comedy tag team with Goldust, joining the nWo (BIG TIME WTF with that one, since he was for a long time, one of the longest WCW hold outs.) He also jobbed to the Boogeyman at WrestleMania, and was relegated to being the SmackDown champ in an era of Bobby Lashley and Rey Mysterio. Yeesh."
On to the poll! With 245 votes, Booker T's average score is 4.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is so underrated.