Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Jack Swagger was (briefly) Intercontinental champion. It seems that Swagger and current title holder Big E. are working a match at "live events" (meaning those not "special" enough to even have a TV camera at them) where Zeb Colter helps Swagger beat Big E. for the title, followed immediately by
Beef WellingtonBrad Maddox coming down to restart the match. With the previous rumors of Big E. and Alberto del Rio working together contingent on a confrontation during the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal that never happened, it's entirely possible this may be a future direction for the two of them.
- You can keep Hailing Sabin, just not in TNA anymore. The former eight-time X-Division champ and one-time World Heavyweight title holder has been AJ Styles'd by the company: lowballed with an offer following the expiration of his contract. And much like Styles, he's begun accepting dates for various independent promotions across the country.
- Former WWE and TNA "star" Lance Archer (nee Hoyt) has teased that he will be joining Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling. Whether or not he'll been given the Batista treatment remains to be seen.
- While Victoria may not have been the "lady to miss with" when she was in the WWE, it appears in addition to her Chicago-based pizzeria, the former Women's champion may also be joining Sara Del Rey as a trainer for the WWE's NXT developmental program. She would likely be heading down there for the first time in June to help oversee of a tryout camp.
- Hopefully this doesn't mean that the Dynamic Dudes meets BroMans reboot involving Randy Orton and Batista is off, but as it stands now Orton will be teaming with Bray Wyatt in the lead-up to WWE's first ever "special event", Extreme Rules.
- And while this isn't a rumor and it is Ultimate Warrior news, it's something nice and indicative of the influence he had with a generation of wrestling fans. Miami Marlins first baseman Garrett Jones will be using Warrior's trademark entrance music for his at-bats this season. Like many, Jones grew up a fan, telling reporters:
"The Ultimate Warrior was my number one favorite. I was a huge wrestling fan. Unfortunately, I never got to see him live, but I loved him as a wrestler. What he said was motivational. His energy, it inspired me."
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.