Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- I know I said we wouldn't do any rumors about Ultimate Warrior, but that was in regards to anything surrounding his death. This is in relation to the tribute show WWE has planned for Raw on Monday. As best I can gather, it appears as though it's going to be something like what they did for Owen Hart, though maybe not to that extreme. There will apparently be intercut videos, some interviews talking about him, and matches in his honor.
- Triple H and Stephanie McMahon produced WrestleMania and it seems the shifting of power from Vince McMahon to those two is speeding up. For Vince to allow someone else to basically run the show at WrestleMania -- that includes leaving for the main event, one that called for both Triple H and Stephanie to do a run-in -- says a lot.
- Expanding on the last point, Triple H, while he made plenty of enemies as an active wrestler, is making just as many friends with his work as an executive running the shows. He's got a way about him and he's gaining respect as a leader in a hurry. Maybe that's why Vince is more and more willing to fade further into the shadows.
- It's been said that Roman Reigns vs. Triple H is likely for SummerSlam and Brock Lesnar will be working with Cesaro at WrestleMania 31 next year. Reigns vs. Triple H makes sense and they've been building that in some small way for a while now, and much more considering the spear on Raw, but Cesaro is going to have to be pushed really hard over the next year for the Lesnar match to work. That's assuming they don't try to make a match with The Rock happen again, which they could. Remember, that was originally the plan for WrestleMania 30. Imagine how different everything would look today had Rock not torn his guts up during his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29. They would shot the angle with Brock on Raw the next night and Undertaker would have worked a different opponent and maybe lost the streak to someone else.
- Here's the CM Punk update you've been dying to read about: He's still apparently receiving royaltly checks from WWE but he's been replaced in the planned Flintstones movie with Rey Mysterio. So there you go.
- For you fans of The Ascension, it looks like they will be the next call up from NXT. Sami Zayn will likely be on the main roster by the Royal Rumble next year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.