Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It is looking more and more as though WWE will find a way to insert Daniel Bryan into the WWE World Heavyweight title match at WrestleMania XXX. The latest company internal match lineup apparently referred to the match as a triple threat, though it did not name Bryan specifically. As we've been mentioning for a while now, they may be having Bryan wrestle Triple H earlier on the card then have him pull double duty in the title match later. Interestingly, they may actually use Hulk Hogan and his powers as host of the event to put Bryan into the match. This has, of course, led to speculation that Bryan may lose his match against Triple H, just as Bret Hart lost to his brother Owen before going on to win the title at WrestleMania X.
- In case you couldn't tell based on this week's rumors, the WrestleMania XXX card is still extremely fluid and chaotic, particularly the undercard. WWE's desire to avoid having more than one triple threat match on the card is also creating problems in finding room on the card for all the talent WWE officials would like to include. Recent rumors have suggested that Cesaro and Jack Swagger may wind up in the hunt for Big E's Intercontinental title, but in order to avoid a triple threat, a #1 contender's match between Cesaro and Swagger may happen before the event. Additionally, there is still talk that some are pushing for a unification of the IC title with Dean Ambrose's US title. That would obviously take away any possibility of a Shield triple threat match, so the rumors that Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins may stay together to battle Luke Harper and Erick Rowan are also still valid. Did you get all of that? At this rate, WWE may not finalize the card until shortly before the event itself.
- And that isn't even all! WWE will almost certainly include long time upper-carders like Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Christian, and Rey Mysterio (for whom this may be his final WrestleMania) in some capacity. Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust is picking up steam once again as a match possibility in the rumor mill, as well as some sort of multi-Divas match.
- Finally, there is also talk of an NXT match taking place on the WrestleMania XXX card. It is being said that there will be a strong internal push of the NXT product over the next year now that the WWE Network is up and running. The focus will be to make NXT a "pure wrestling" show and will give the talent there a similar level of exposure to those on the main televised shows. The NXT match most likely to make it to the WrestleMania XXX card right now is an NXT title match between new champion Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn.
- By all appearances, one guy who will not have anything to do with WrestleMania XXX is CM Punk. We mentioned earlier in the week that a Bad News Barrett segment poking fun at the Punk situation was cut from Raw and there still has been no official WWE statement on Punk's status with the company other than to say that he is still under contract. The reason the Barrett segment was cut, and the reason there have been no other public acknowledgements of Punk's walkout, is because Vince McMahon still hopes that Punk will decide to return and did not want to burn any bridges.
- With Main Event suddenly becoming part of the WWE Network as a live program and the rumored upcoming push of NXT, it is being said that the all cruiserweights show idea is dead in the water. It was most recently suggested back when WWE was thinking about signing Japanese star KENTA (and are still trying to sign Prince Devitt) that they could be looking for more diverse cruiserweights for such a show. That no longer appears to be the case.
- Though there is no official word as of this writing, it appears that TNA Knockout Brooke Tessmacher has left the company. She was not on the recent UK tour and has not wrestled a match since November of last year. She has also changed her Twitter and Instagram handles to remove references to Impact wrestling.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.