Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In an interesting twist for the Shield, a plan to keep Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns together headed forward is apparently on the discussion table. This plan would have those two squaring off against Erick Rowan and Luke Harper of the Wyatt family at WrestleMania XXX, while Dean Ambrose takes on Big E in an Intercontinental/United States title unification match. This possible scenario may also shed light on WWE's plan for Daniel Bryan at the event, where, as we mentioned yesterday, they may be considering having Bryan pull double duty at the show. First, against Triple H, and then later in the WWE World Heavyweight Title match against Randy Orton and Batista. Past rumors indicated that WWE officials did not want two triple-threat matches on the same card, so if Bryan were to be inserted into that match, there would be no Shield triple-threat.
- Rumors of a possible in jury to John Cena, either his knee or his groin, continue to run rampant. However, by all accounts, there is no legitimate injury. Regardless of the body part, Cena's injuries are said to be a work with the purpose of putting him in "peril" for his planned WrestleMania XXX match against Bray Wyatt.
- Paul Heyman's show-opening promo on Monday's Raw was one of the highlights of the show, and he apparently deviated quite a bit from the original script. While it is said that Heyman didn't go into full on "shoot" mode, the final product was considerably different than what was scripted. There is no word at this time as to exactly where he went off script or how WWE officials reacted to it. In related news, WWE officials decided to lead with this promo in the hopes that it would quiet the CM Punk chants throughout the night. This is also why AJ Lee, CM Punk's real life girlfriend, was also not used on the show as they feared it would rile up the CM Punk fans if she appeared. A Bad News Barrett segment where he mocks the Punk situation was also nixed for similar reasons.
- If you enjoyed WWE Main Event live on the WWE Network, here is some good news for you. It is believed that it will remain there until at least WrestleMania XXX. WWE's contract with Ion Television is said to expire on April 2, and there are currently no plans to renew that deal. It is entirely possible that the show becomes a WWE Network exclusive until a new television deal is reached.
- TNA spoiler alert: Japanese wrestling star Seiya Senada defeated Austin Aries over the weekend for the TNA X-Division title. Many initially believed that this would be a short-term title change and that Aries would likely win the title back shortly. That does not appear to be the case, however. Senada will be joining TNA for "several months" and will carry the title as TNA tries to get back to the high flying style which once made the X-Division one of its most popular attractions.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.