Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- One of the bigger rumors from over the weekend is that WWE officials are definitely considering doing Sting vs. the Undertaker, but it may not be at WrestleMania 31. Extreme Rules in May was mentioned as a possibility, and would certainly mesh with past rumors that the Undertaker may stick around for a little while following WrestleMania XXX like he did last year assuming he comes away from the Brock Lesnar match healthy. Extreme Rules is mentioned as a possibility in order to keep cable providers interested in continuing to air WWE pay per views, while SummerSlam has also been mentioned as a possibility to give the story some more time to breathe as well as elevate what WWE considers the number two PPV on their schedule. Exactly when it happens may still be up in the air, but it seems more and more likely that we will see a Sting vs. Undertaker match at some point in the next year. What's also noteworthy about this is if it doesn't get put together, Sting likely won't be asked to wrestle. So his match with Magnus in TNA may end up being his last ever. That's sad.
- We're now less than a week away from WrestleMania XXX and there has been talk of potential swerves in the seemingly booked plans for the show. One possibility is that The Shield may not break up as many expect. For weeks now, rumors have stated that Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose will turn on stablemate Roman Reigns, kicking off his babyface singles run. However, officials may decide that they'd like to do the breakup at a later time when it can be a bigger story on a different PPV. They've just turned babyface, after all, so why not try to get some mileage out of it?
- Remember all that talk of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal taking place on the WrestleMania XXX pre-show? It now appears that's definitely not the case and it's looking more likely that the tag team title match will be on the pre-show. Considering the card, that's probably the right decision, if it's what they decide.
- Shane McMahon is rumored to be headed for WrestleMania but it's not likely he'll be used in any capacity on the show.
- The first poster for the upcoming Hercules film starring the Rock was released last week, after several days of leaked photos of the Rock in costume. Apparently, according to the Rock himself in an interview, these leaked photos led to the firing of around 50 members of the Hercules film crew because the movie executives wanted to keep the character under wraps until the marketing officially began.
- We mentioned last week that it seems likely that Prince Devitt will be leaving New Japan Pro Wrestling soon to join WWE. Another rumor is that NJPW is actively and aggressively pursuing current former TNA star AJ Styles to take Devitt's place as a top talent in the company.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.