Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- News broke yesterday that Rob Van Dam is expected to return to WWE on April 7, the Monday night after WrestleMania XXX. Now there is increasing talk that he could show at the event itself, with WWE having booked travel plans to bring RVD into town on WrestleMania weekend. Most likely, RVD will fill out one of the final spots in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal a surprise entrant. It is expected that he'll remain active in WWE for a summer run.
- WrestleMania XXX is just over a week away, so let's talk about WrestleMania 31 for a second. WWE is said to have a "working plan" in place for Sting to wrestle one match at the event (which will take place in his home state of California) and then retire. The current presumption backstage is that Sting's final match will be against the Undertaker. Rumors over the past couple of months have also suggested that a cameo appearance for Sting is possible at WrestleMania XXX, but he is not expected to participate in any matches before 31.
- There is also talk that Sting's induction into the WWE Hall of Fame may play a part into that event and storyline. Others also rumored recently for the 2015 class are the Rock, who is expected to headline, and Owen Hart. With "Razor Ramon" entering the Hall of Fame this year, WWE has also left the door open to induct Scott Hall separately, likely as part of the Outsiders with Kevin Nash or the original nWo.
- In case you missed it, WWE has released the original Sin Cara, Luis Ignacio Urive Alvirde. The move has been expected for some time, as Hunico is now wrestling under the Sin Cara mask in WWE. Alvirde is back to wrestling in Mexico, though not under his original name of Mistico, as he does not own the rights.
- Rumors have been present for some time now that Christian will retire once his current contract with WWE is up. Christian's recent concussion, his second in less than a year, has only furthered those claims. However, WWE would love to keep Christian around in retirement as a trainer in their developmental system.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.