Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- When CM Punk walked out on WWE, rumors emerged that the plan for him at the time was for Punk to challenge Triple H at WrestleMania XXX, essentially in a similar spot to where Daniel Bryan is now. That alone may not seem too bad, but it was also heavily rumored that Punk was being booked to lose that match. Now, some two months later, Triple H is still apparently annoyed with that situation. The digs he has been working into his Raw promos are clear shots at Punk, and the belief is that he's personally offended that Punk preferred to walk out than to work with him at such an important event. For as long as Vince McMahon is willing to try to bring Punk back, there is always the chance that Punk will return. However, it sounds as though if Triple H has his way, Punk will never be back with WWE.
- The Shield vs. Kane and the New Age Outlaws at WrestleMania XXX with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose turning on Roman Reigns to kick off Reigns' babyface singles push appears to be all but set in stone at this point. This has had some fans complaining about turning the Shield babyface last week only to immediately turn two of them heel once again. The reason this has been done is two fold. For one, this allows the Shield to work with Kane and the NAO (currently heels) in terms of alignment. For two, it is believed that this will provide a further boost to Reigns' babyface push if it is started earlier.
- For anyone out there wondering when we might see Bad News Barrett getting into some actual ring action, it could be soon. He was in action at this past weekend's house shows teaming with Titus O'Neil against Darren Young and Mark Henry. Barrett hasn't been in televised ring action since the end of last summer and hasn't at all since moving to his "Bad News" gimmick.
- It's expected that WWE will announce on tonight's episode of Raw that Scott Hall is the final member of this year's Hall of Fame. It's also expected that he'll be inducted by The Kliq. (Editor's note: I wonder how many at WWE read his Twitter and how often they cringe at it.)
- WWE released the sales numbers on their 2013 DVDs and one of the hottest selling was the Goldberg DVD. This has, of course, led to speculation that WWE may try once again to lure Goldberg back to capitalize on his remaining popularity. There was a lot of talk last year that they wanted Goldberg for WrestleMania XXX but that Goldberg refused to drop his price. If the sales of his DVD are any indicator, expect more of the same later this year when WrestleMania 31 speculation heats up.
- On Friday, news came out that TNA had released knockout Lei'd Tapa. Rumors came out over the weekend that Tapa was considered a "ticking time bomb" by management and that was part of the reason for her release. No specific incidents were mentioned.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.