Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It's been a while since we've had a good Sting-to-WWE rumor. Now there is talk that Sting has already agreed to a deal with WWE and may do some sort of surprise debut at WrestleMania XXX. The most recent plans for Sting, if he does indeed sign with WWE, are to use him in the build up for WrestleMania 31which will take place in Sting's home state of California in 2015.
- Last year, the Undertaker surprised many by staying on the roster for a few weeks after his yearly WrestleMania appearance in order to run a short angle with the Shield. This year, there is talk that "The Deadman" could once again, health permitting, hang around for a bit after WrestleMania XXX in order to run an angle with some up-and-coming younger stars. This year, assuming he survives what is sure to be a stiff bout with Brock Lesnar injury free, it is being said that the Undertaker could cross paths with Bray Wyatt and Family to put them over before going out on his yearly hiatus.
- We've mentioned before that the Vince McMahon/Triple H power struggle storyline, which was originally rumored to be part of the lead up to WrestleMania XXX, may instead happen this summer. Another pre-WrestleMania storyline which apparently fell through was a Sheamus heel-turn. Past rumors indicated that this idea may have been ditched when CM Punk walked out of the company and WWE officials wanted to keep Sheamus as a face to help fill the void. Like the power struggle feud, Sheamus' heel turn may resurface this summer, when it is rumored that he will be among the top 5 most pushed stars in the company.
- WWE is currently pushing a Daniel Bryan shoulder injury angle due to the show-closing beat down he received at the hands of Triple H on Raw. As just about everyone could probably guess, this injury is 100% kayfabe and will be used to cast even more doubt on Daniel Bryan being able to overcome Triple H at WrestleMania XXX in order to earn a WWE world heavyweight title shot later in the show.
- There is currently talk that the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal may become an annual WrestleMania tradition. The winner will be presented with an Andre the Giant trophy and will carry it for a year before defending it at the next WrestleMania. This news comes after rumors earlier in the week suggested that the match may be moved to the WrestleMania XXX pre-show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.