Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The latest word on CM Punk is that Vince McMahon has closed the door on bringing him back at least until after WrestleMania. He was the last guy within WWE trying to make a new deal happen and while a new attempt might be made before July, it won't be for at least another month or so.
- Speaking of Vinny Mac, remember that plan to have a power struggle culminate at WrestleMania 30 in the main event between himself and Triple H/Stephanie? That could be back on the books as the post-WrestleMania big summer storyline.
- WWE apparently expects the following five wrestlers to be its biggest stars moving forward, in this exact order: 1. John Cena 2. Daniel Bryan 3. Randy Orton 4. Sheamus 5. Roman Reigns
- There is nothing new on the TV rights deal front other than an aggressive denial of any and all buyout or merger talks. AMC is suddenly in the running, but it's looking more and more like WWE will end up back with NBCUniversal. That will almost surely mean the money won't be nearly as good as the company hoped. We shall see, though.
- There has at least been talk of Alexander Rusev's next match being the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, one he would win as the big foreign monster to kick off the push he's getting. One of his upcoming promos with Lana would announce his involvement so fans can have yet another reason to feel invested in the character.
- Other names possible for the battle royal: The Miz, Big Show, Brodus Clay, Mark Henry, Great Khali, Rey Mysterio, 3MB, and Zack Ryder. If Rusev doesn't win, expect Big Show to get the honors.
- One possible reason The Shield have been attached to Kane in recent weeks is because WWE may have mapped out a plan for the break up to happen at WrestleMania. It would likely mean booking a six-man tag at the show and having Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose turn on Roman Reigns during the match, siding with Kane and The Authority. This would kick off Reigns' big push as a babyface, out for revenge against his stablemates who wronged him.
- The way TNA is appealing to new young talent is they are being promised roles as the focal point of shows with actual gimmicks and fleshed out storylines. We've seen a renewed commitment to this, what with the exits of so many top level old timers in exchange for new acts like Samuel Shaw, EC3, and Rockstar Spud. As long as TNA stays afloat, expect more of the same.
- With Angelina Love having returned with plans in place for an extended program with Velvet Sky, it's expected that Brooke Tessmacher won't be back. That could change anytime, of course.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.