Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The WrestleMania 30 match card is getting closer to being fully put together. The top matches are clear, but now there are stronger rumors for the undercard matches. Here's a rumored card floating around, not including a rumor that a prominent NXT match will be featured there to help put over developmental:
1. Randy Orton vs. Batista
2. Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
3. Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
4. John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
5. Big E vs. Dean Ambrose
6. The Shield vs. Wyatt Family
7. Sheamus vs. Christian
8. Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust
9. AJ Lee vs. Naomi
- It should be noted that there is still a possibility that Daniel Bryan will be inserted into the main event WWE world heavyweight title match. They could have him pull double duty. If you watched Batista's promo from SmackDown, he's very clearly talking about Bryan while saying he's going to destroy all our heroes. So it's at least possible WWE pulls the trigger on putting Bryan over HUGE with wins over Triple H and Orton/Batista for the title at WrestleMania. I don't see it happening, but it's possible.
- It's almost 100-percent certain at this point that CM Punk will not be coming back to WWE. If he does, it will indeed be on the March 3 episode of Monday Night Raw in Chicago but if that happens, this will have been one of the greatest "shoot into a work" stories ever. There isn't really a place for him on the WrestleMania 30 card at this point, at least not something that would entice him enough to come back. Sorry, Punk fans, but it really looks like he's done and gone for good. The only way to bring him back, it seems, is if WWE puts him in the Orton vs. Batista match but that would make almost no sense.
- While the idea of Hulk Hogan working a match at WrestleMania 30 was floated, that was shot down. It was also reported that any physical altercation was also ruled out but it's looking more and more like someone will be doing something with him that involves a few punches being thrown. Outside of that, don't be surprised if he's used as a General Manager on Raw after the big event this year.
- While it's been clear for a while now that Stone Cold Steve Austin won't be wrestling at WrestleMania 30 -- and maybe ever again -- for those of you hoping to see him at the show in some capacity can let that go now. He's not coming in for it as there is nothing planned for him at this time.
- WWE is apparently fairly happy with the Network so far. The service has had its problems, of course, but that's with any launch of a venture this big. NXT ArRIVAL went very well, all things considered, and the fact that it had a hiccup was actually a good thing so they can work things out. They are going to use the Hall of Fame ceremony the night before WrestleMania as a big test run for the event the night after. If that doesn't go well, things might get rough.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.