What you loved:
- Over - Like or hate the guy, he's very over with the crowd. Please see Royal Rumble 2011 and Elimination Chamber 2012 for prime examples.
- Funny - Some things mentioned by you guys; his power strut to the ring, move-set (splits, hip-toss), and he is really good at his role in the company. I actually think Santino is funny on his own, usually when he's put with other people...Khali....it more often kills the segment. Santino to me, is a solo act.
- Company Man - He's another guy who just does what he's asked, we rarely, if ever hear any backstage issues with him. Good for the kid audience as well.
- Mic Skills - His over-the-top way of talking is pretty great. Compared to most of the roster, he's solid on the stick.
- Glamarella - This was a great angle with him and Beth Phoenix. Some top moments; when they both won titles, Beth sticking up for Santino, and when Beth would pick him up and celebrate. Overall, this was a very entertaining duo.
My favorite comment goes to Jman000311 - "He and Heath Slater are the best jobbers in the company. He’s damn entertaining because he has this charisma that’s just unexplainable. You can’t help but smile when Santino gets in the ring."
What you loathed:
- Not Funny - There was a pretty good split here, some of you think he's funny, some do not. Part of the problem is he's done the same thing for a long time, and change is a good thing for most wrestlers, not named Kane or Undertaker.
- Cobra! - Maybe the dumbest finisher on the roster? Top 3 for sure.
- Lost Airtime - With so much talent, some of you wish Santino wasn't taking up precious airtime on TV. I think this is connected with his staleness in that, when we see him, we know nothing important is going to happen.
- Booking - As always with this one, it's not really his fault, but his character is booked extremely weak. He is the face Heath Slater of the WWE right now. His gimmick would need a major overhaul if he ever wanted to become a credible contender.
Favorite comment goes to Eric B. Stephen - "I do not find him funny. I don’t really like purely comedic characters in wrestling. Don’t need them. His finisher is him hitting a guy with a sock puppet…not going for a pressure point, just poking them with it…"
Finally, lets check the poll. With 183 votes, Mr. Marella's average score is 3.2. Solid score, Santino is an above-average talent, who has strong points, but is not without some major faults.
Great response today Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is going to be a serious love-fest.