Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- With WWE possibly calling an audible on WrestleMania XXX plans in regards to the way they'll use Batista and Daniel Bryan, another change appears to be that Vince McMahon will not be returning to television anytime soon. Another change is that Stephanie McMahon will no longer be considered part-owner of the company in-storyline anymore. The reasoning for this is anyone's guess at this time.
- We mentioned earlier this week that WWE officials wanted a Wyatt Family vs. Shield rematch on Raw. That didn't happen this week, with Bray Wyatt going one-on-one with Roman Reigns instead. Now, it has been announced that a rematch between the two teams will take place on next Monday's Raw from Chicago, IL instead. Also announced for that show is Brock Lesnar, who will "respond" to the Undertaker.
- Two matches currently being considered for WrestleMania XXX are a "multi-Divas" match of some kind, and not necessarily for the Divas title. As previously mentioned, a 3 or 4 team match for the Tag Team titles is also under consideration, likely featuring the New Age Outlaws, the Usos, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, and possibly one other team. It has been previously said that it is expected to be "only a matter of time" before the titles are on the Usos.
- Rey Mysterio's contract with WWE is said to be up three months, and recent word is that he's unlikely to be back with the company. There was apparently some serious discussion amongst backstage officials about Rey's future, and the consensus seems to be that there is no longer a top spot on the card for him. There is a feeling that they could give Rey some sort of sendoff at WrestleMania XXX, before his contract expires. However, Rey would not likely be retiring from wrestling entirely. There is a strong belief he will join up with the AAA promotion in Mexico for a final run as that company launches a new TV show on the El Ray network this fall.
- We've mentioned before that Alexander Rusev seems to be stuck in between NXT and the main WWE roster for the time being. This is apparently where he will remain until after WrestleMania XXX. The apparent feeling is that WWE officials want to give him a strong push upon his debut, but with so much other talent present for WrestleMania season, there simply isn't room on the card.
- NXT: ArRIVAL happens tonight on the WWE Network, and word is there will be another match added to the show. The New Age Outlaws, WWE Tag Team Champions, have reportedly been added to the show with it being said that they will take on The Ascension, the NXT Tag Team Champions.
- In other developmental news, WWE officials are still pursuing New Japan star Prince Devitt. An offer is reportedly on the table for Devitt, with a clause promising only a "short stay" in WWE's developmental system. However, recent statements by Devitt seem to indicate that the interest is fairly one sided, at least for the time being. Some backstage believe that Devitt is playing this smart, and using WWE's desire for him as leverage for a better deal than most WWE newcomers can get.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.