Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Randy Orton vs. Batista is official and Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar is official for WrestleMania 30 on April 6 in New Orleans. The other two featured bouts on that card, though not yet official, are Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H and John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt.
- The Cena injury stuff is interesting because WWE is playing it so well but apparently he's hurt in the sense that his knee is banged up but he's not hurt in the sense that it won't cause him to miss any time and his match with Wyatt is not in danger. It will become part of the angle and used to make him the babyface in peril.
- The rest of the WrestleMania 30 card is incredibly uncertain. Roman Reigns and Cesaro are both in line for big pushes, however, both of which could culminate at the "Showcase of the Immortals". There are many options on the table, including having the Reigns vs. Ambrose feud end there and Cesaro win the Intercontinental title from Big E. The Usos are also in line to win the tag team titles. AJ Lee is almost certainly losing the Divas championship, assuming Naomi is okay by then.
- Big E did not die. That Neutralizer from Cesaro on Raw did not, in fact, kill him.
- Wondering about Sting? As noted, he hasn't been a high priority. The plan is apparently still in place to bring him in but now the idea is to wait until after WrestleMania and use him to get buzz to avoid the post-Mania lull period.
- Jeff Jarrett released another video teasing his big announcement talking about overcoming issues and leaving TNA and there being a bright future. He will be creating a new promotion and running it with his wife. Toby Keith will be involved. Kurt Angle, assuming WWE won't play ball, may be the featured player, along with a ton of international talent.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.