Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Coming out of last night's Elimination Chamber, John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt appears to be locked in for the WrestleMania XXX card. There is also talk that Luke Harper and Erick Rowan may be given something to do at the show as well, possibly some sort of three or four team match for the Tag Team titles.
- Another locked-in match, barring some sort of force majeure, is Randy Orton vs. Batista for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. While there were strong rumors last week on how Daniel Bryan might be inserted into that match, there is still no word on IF WWE will go through with any plans to insert Bryan. This will definitely be a situation worth watching headed forward, especially with WWE continually teasing something between Bryan and Kane possibly leading to a match between them.
- The match of the night at Elimination Chamber was the Wyatts vs. the Shield, and we may be getting an encore on tonight's Raw. Some are already calling that match one of the greatest tag team matches of all time, and the backstage word is incredibly positive towards the match. Some, including Triple H, even took to Twitter after the match to express how great they thought the match was. Another rematch expected to happen is the Usos vs. the New Age Outlaws. Whether it will actually be for the tag team titles or not is unknown.
- We've heard all of the rumors about who will be at tonight's Raw, and we're now getting some confirmations. We know that Hulk Hogan will be present, likely to be officially introduced as the "host" of WrestleMania XXX. Additionally, Jimmy Hart and the Undertaker were spotted at the Milwaukee, WI airport, almost certainly on their way to Green Bay for the show. Hart's presence is particularly interesting, as there have been rumors that the nWo might be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame since plans to induct the WrestleMania I main event match have apparently fallen through.
- Another name expected to appear on tonight's Raw is Ric Flair. Exactly what the plans are for him aren't known, but there is some talk that he could become involved in the Batista/Randy Orton feud going back to their roots as Evolution.
- TNA had a title change this weekend, at a house show. As had been rumored, the Wolves (Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards) defeated the Bro-Mans (Jessie Godderz and Robbie E) for the TNA tag team titles. Yes, at a house show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.