What you loved:
- Mic Work - He can be funny, serious, behind the booth, and even work with the crowd during a match. With sharp wit Kevin can whip crowds into any kind of frenzy.
- Great Worker - A tough brawler, who has technical skills to match. Does things a guy his size probably shouldn't be able to do. After reading your guys comments I feel like I need to hit up more of his Ring of Honor matches.
- El Generico Feud - Feud of the year between these two.What ever happened to that Generico guy?...
- Entrance Music - Looks like he has a couple versions, but I'm thinking it's this one? If not, post it in the comments.
Favorite comment belongs to Funky Dung - "Love: His humor and passion. It comes across in his performances that he really enjoys what he’s doing, especially the way he can be a serious heel one moment then get huge laughs in a fun-filled match for Chikara the next."
What you loathed:
- No Major Leagues - As of right now the odds of him going to WWE or even TNA are pretty slim. Whether it's due to his personal life, current gimmick, or body size it just doesn't seem to be a place he will end up. Also doesn't help that WWE only wants hard-bodies on their product. I mean who's their pudgiest full-time wrestler, Bray Wyatt?
- Physique - From what you guys said, it's not that he's a bigger guy, but as of late it's gotten a bit out of hand. He's great in the ring, but the extra weight can't help, and like I mentioned it will for sure hold him back from the big league.
- Dangerous Spots - You guys thought it would be a good idea to tone these spots down a bit for his own longevity. Saw a couple throw out "spot monkey" when describing Steen.
This wasn't really a trend, but it's the first time I noticed it. It was mentioned Steen's hardcore fans can be annoying, hadn't seen a wrestler's fans get called out before.
Favorite comment goes to GuyinNY - "Loathe: Ok, Steen’s everyman build definitely adds to his physical charisma. It doesn’t seem to detract from his in-ring performance, either. But it’s still not a pure plus. When you add to it that he’s probably less than 6’… it just doesn’t help. Steen might be a bit like a Japanese pitcher who excels in his home environment and just isn’t fit for MLB (WWE), knows it, and decides not to make the leap. His ringwork can be a little stuntman-y. He can be a little rough around the edges generally. He’s still awesome."
Finally, the poll! With 114 votes, Mr. Steen's average score is 3.5. For such a talented wrestler, a lot of 1 votes for him. Of course no comments explaining why because we all know trolls love to hide in the shadows...
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick has wrestled literally everywhere.