Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For those who still believe the CM Punk situation is a work, there is absolutely nothing to indicate that's the case. It could turn into an angle for TV later if he does end up returning, but that won't mean this was all some elaborate plan. It's legitimate. He's done and probably isn't coming back.
- Sting probably isn't going to wrestle much once he signs with WWE, and that looks like a lock at this point, but instead work a role something like what Hulk Hogan was doing in TNA but with more room to get physical when need be. Personally, I think that's a terrible idea and one of the worst ways he could be used, but these things tend to be fluid and change often.
- If fans at the Royal Rumble were hoping to piss off Randy Orton by completely shitting on his match with John Cena in Pittsburgh, I've got some good news for you: he was indeed pissed off backstage.
- Expect the Cody Rhodes/Goldust split to happen sooner rather than later. They'll have a summer long program starting at WrestleMania and then Goldust will disappear from television save for erractic appearances for Legends stuff.
- The Shield will be breaking up at WrestleMania, if nothing changes right now. WWE thinks the money is in a Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose match, but don't be surprised if Reigns gets a clean 2-on-1 handicap victory over both Ambrose and Seth Rollins for his first big singles win as a babyface before the other two scurry off to regroup. They'll find a new member and come back. Ready for another Mason Ryan push?
- TNA stole the idea for its Lockdown main event from WWE when it was going to do a power struggle angle for the WrestleMania 30 main event. It's going to be MVP, The Wolves, and Gunner taking on Bobby Roode, EC3, Rockstar Spud, and a recently turned James Storm.
- TNA shot a retirement angle using Bobby Roode during Impact tapings overseas that was 100-percent a play on the CM Punk situation in WWE right now. In the story, Dixie Carter offers Roode a 10-percent stake in the company to wrestle in the aforementioned Lockdown match. Seriously.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.