Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In case you missed it over the weekend, there was a big special edition of the Rumor Roundup posted on Saturday. You can check it out here.
- Following up on one of Saturday's rumors, it is sounding more likely that Mason Ryan will be the guy to replace Roman Reigns when he eventually splits away from The Shield, expected to happen no later than February. Since being sent back to NXT following his failed main roster run as part of the New Nexus, Ryan has been improving in the ring and has drawn praise from WWE officials.
- One person who will not be at tonight's "Old School" Raw is Hall of Famer Mae Young. Young, 90, is currently under hospice care at her home suffering from kidney failure and breathing through an oxygen machine. WWE wanted Young for appearance on the show but learned of her condition when they tried to contact her.
- Another former superstar who will not be present is Edge, who stated as such on Twitter. It is believed that WWE reached out to Edge about appearing, but he said that he had a prior commitment.
- Nikki Bella reportedly re-injured her leg at a house show on Saturday night. She and her sister Brie defeated Aksana and Alicia Fox with Nikki suffering the injury during the match. Fans in attendance reported that Nikki had a notable limp as she left the ring to go to the back. Nikki previously injured her tibia this summer and was out of action for several months.
- Speaking of house shows, several NXT talents were in action with the main roster this past weekend. NXT Champion Bo Dallas faced R-Truth in a losing effort, while Emma teamed with Natalya to defeat AJ Lee and Tamina Snuka.
- As of today, Jeff Jarrett is free to sign with any pro wrestling promotion he wants following his resignation from TNA. He is apparently taking the AJ Styles route by setting up dates with various independent wrestling organizations. First up is a USA Championship Wrestling event on Saturday where he will face Matt Boyce.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.