Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- I truly hope this rumor isn't true, but it's actually being reported on as legitimate at other, usually reliable outlets: Daniel Bryan, as of right now, is scheduled to work Sheamus at WrestleMania 30. Yes, that would make this three out of the last four years that these two would have a match, each more infamous than the last. The first was a dark match, the second the 18 second debacle that turned out to be the best thing to happen to Bryan. I'm assuming this time, they'll both just spontaneously combust in the middle of the ring.
- WWE is apparently hoping to bring in outspoken Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman for something at WrestleMania this year. Yeah.
- Speaking of WrestleMania, Ultimate Warrior vs. Ryback is now an actual possibility, partially because Goldberg's asking price proved too high. Really, with everything else WWE has going on right now, this would have been the wrong time to bring him in anyway. Save that for next year, maybe.
- It's now being said that Undertaker's match at WrestleMania is booked and won't be changing. It's almost surely Brock Lesnar and it's at least possible they set it up at Royal Rumble.
- Potential Royal Rumble surprise entrants: Sheamus, Rob Van Dam, 2 Cold Scorpio, and Jimmy Wang Yang. That's for the match. It's also possible, although highly unlikely that Sting is an entrant. This could be the show Hulk Hogan debuts, but that would be short-sighted and probably the wrong move in the long run.
- Actually, it's looking more and more likely that Hogan will debut on the Feb. 24 episode of Monday Night Raw that will be used to kick off the WWE Network. What better way to get you to buy than to put "The Hulkster" in front of you and let him sell?
- Kurt Angle is probably going to join most of the rest of TNA's bigger stars and jump ship back to WWE when his contract expires in August. Don't worry, though, he won't be wrestling because he would never pass the physical.
- Guess who is rumored to be working with TNA again? That's right, folks, it's Vince Russo! While the company won't officially acknowledge as much, he was apparently at least involved in some form or another with the creative team recently.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.