Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The jury is still out on Daniel Bryan after suffering a concussion at the conclusion of last week's Raw, but things are not looking up. He did not participate in this weekend's house shows, as he was at home resting. There is a real fear that his planned match against Bray Wyatt at Royal Rumble will have to be canceled, and the creative team is said to be working on alternatives for Wyatt. It is also being said that Bryan was going to take part in the Rumble match itself later in the show after defeating Wyatt earlier, and putting in a "valiant effort," possibly being one of the final eliminations. All of that appears to be in doubt right now.
- But it's not all bad news for Daniel Bryan. The reaction amongst WWE officials backstage to his big moment on Raw was said to be extremely positive, including several officials who were said to be "in awe." Though any Royal Rumble plans involving Bryan are currently in jeopardy, it is being said that WWE still has big plans for Bryan at WrestleMania XXX, and are hoping to get the 75,000 fans (hopefully) in attendance to perform a massive "YES!" chant before the night is over. Perhaps most important reaction of all is that of Vince McMahon, who is said to currently "love" where Bryan is at.
- There has been some talk of WWE making a replay of Elimination Chamber available for viewing on the WWE Network as soon as the network goes online. WWE Network is set to debut the day after Elimination Chamber. Additionally, it is currently WWE's plan to have WrestleMania available on the WWE Network every year, not just this year for WrestleMania XXX.
- We may be seeing some NXT Divas getting the call up to the main roster very soon. Already, Emma is making some brief appearances on television holding up signs in the audience. In addition to Emma, current NXT women's champion Paige is likely to be called up very soon. Exactly what the plans are for these NXT Divas is anyone's guess, but the WWE Divas division could use some new blood after stagnating over the past few months. It is also being said that the planned call-ups have nothing to do with Kaitlyn's departure.
- As many have predicted, Hulk Hogan is heavily rumored to be the guy who will induct the Ultimate Warrior into the WWE Hall of Fame. Hogan has verbally agreed to a deal with WWE and is expected to sign the dotted line any day now.
- Former wrestler Tommy Dreamer has returned to TNA in a "road agent" role, and was at the Impact taping this past Thursday. He is said to have been hand-picked by John Gaburick, who has been in charge of the shows of late. Gaburick is said to be trying to build up an experienced office staff for the company.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.