Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- We already know that the Ultimate Warrior will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this spring. The next inductee is not actually one person, but a match. Yes, the WrestleMania I tag team match teaming Hulk Hogan and Mr. T against Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff will be inducted. It will be the first "match" inducted into the Hall, and it is being said that it will "headline" this year's Hall of Fame class.
- For as much as many of us enjoyed the ending to Monday night's Raw, with Daniel Bryan atop the steel cage leading a crowd whose excitement levels potentially haven't been reached since the days of Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan didn't come away unscathed. It is being reported that Bryan suffered a concussion at some point during the steel cage main event. It was apparently a bad one, as Bryan has stated that has no memory of much of the action that took place inside the cage. Many were suspicious of this claim as being a work, but it's legitimate. Bryan will have to pass concussion testing before he can return to action.
- While many have been been enjoying the Twitter account of "The Big Guy" Ryback, WWE officials have certainly not. There is reportedly incredible heat on Ryback after his most recent Twitter shenanigans, including announcing that he had been fired only to delete it some time after. It has apparently reached the point where some of the other talent expect Ryback to be released, possibly any day now. Though you wouldn't be able to tell from his schizophrenic booking over the past year, there was a time when backstage officials were said to still be very high on Ryback and viewed him as a future top star for the promotion. Apparently, he has lost that good will and, if these rumors hold true, may soon be out of a job.
- There is a lot of talk that the New Age Outlaws, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn, will be getting a tag team title shot in the near future. Slight SmackDown spoiler: they had a non-title match with champions Goldust and Cody Rhodes at last night's SmackDown taping. (You can check the Smackdown spoilers article on the main page for the result of that match.) It is believed that an actual title match would likely take place at Royal Rumble, and likely be the catalyst for the long-rumored Rhodes brothers feud culminating in a WrestleMania match.
- NXT Women's Champion Paige has been out of action since November with an undisclosed injury. It was reported this week that she is back to working out and hopes to be back in the ring soon.
- Yesterday, we had a rare piece of TNA good news. Now we're back to the bad. They've released two more talents: Jay Bradley and Wes Brisco. Neither had been used on air in quite some time. Jay's last major action was as the forgotten man in a forgotten tournament, Bound for Glory. Brisco got a bit of screen time as the Aces and Eights storyline wore on, but was eventually booted from the group and off television.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.