Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Even though recent rumors are strongly suggesting that the Rock will not work at WrestleMania 30, he and WWE may be teaming up in another way. WWE Studios is helping to fund the movie The Fall Guy, based on a 80's TV of the same name where a stunt man served as a bounty hunter. The Rock is in talks to star in the movie, which would be the first time he and WWE Studios teamed up for a film.
- Though it's still quite a ways away and always subject to change, early local advertising in the Boston area for November's Survivor Series pay per view is focusing on the CM Punk/Paul Heyman feud as well as the Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton feud.
- In an update to Mark Henry's hamstring injury, it is being stated that he has already been cleared to return to action after the MRI of his hamstring came back showing no serious injuries. With only one week to go until Night of Champions, it may still be too late for him to pick up the tag team feud he and Big Show had been building against Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.
- Raquel Diaz, real name Shaul Guerrero, daughter of Eddie and Vicki Guerrero, is in the process of moving to Orlando, FL and is believed to soon be resigning with WWE. The former FCW Women's champion left NXT last year to pursue educational opportunities.
- Speaking of NXT, reports are that Kassius Ohno, under immense heat for failing to show for scheduled workout sessions, is putting over other superstars in dark matches. It was previously noted that he had been removed from the NXT intro and has not appeared on the program since the rumors of the heat first broke.
- More details have emerged about the three-month contract extension AJ Styles signed last week that will carry him through the end of the year. His previous contract called for him to receive a yearly raise but TNA wanted his new deal to be a set salary equal to he made in the final year of his current contract. The two sides came together on this short-term deal, allowing them to revisit his contract situation once things in the company have hopefully settled down.
- In other TNA news, a number of people in the company quested the decision for Dixie Carter to attend a college football game last week instead of the Impact tapings. Some employees, particularly on the production side, are still behind on pay The feeling backstage is being compared to the final days of the original ECW, very chaotic and with key people being left out of the loop on important decisions.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.