Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Detroit has been ruled out as a potential host city for WrestleMania 32. It would have been the third time the "Showcase of the Immortals" took place there, as both WrestleMania 3 and WrestleMania 23 were held there.
- Jack Swagger gets a ton of criticism for working stiff and injuring his fair share of opponents and now The Miz may be added to that list here soon. That's because he legitimately broke Fandango's nose at Raw last night in Des Moines during their match. This isn't the first time he's done something like this and it likely won't be the last.
- Edge is returning to Raw next week as a one-off appearance simply to promote his role in the Haven show that airs on the SyFy channel. There's nothing to it outside of that.
- Cody Rhodes has been moved to the Alumni section of WWE.com. His getting fired on Raw last night was simply a way to get him off television for a few weeks to get married. There has been speculation that his wife could be made part of a future storyline.
- Triple H vs. Big Show is definitely happening at some point or another. A War Games match is looking more and more unlikely.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.