Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- With TNA possibly in the market for some new leaders with the upcoming contract expirations of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, some linked the recently "retired" Jim Ross to the company as a possibility. Apparently, this one ends at mere speculation. When asked by one fan if Ross had any interest in going to TNA, Ross replied in his blog that he has "no interest whatsoever, at this time." While the "at this time" part leaves the door open, it's clear that Ross moving to TNA won't happen any time soon. One reason he would not join TNA is believed to be that he wants to stay available for work with WWE, such as appearing on DVD commentary. There are some in WWE who believe that Ross will be back with the company sooner rather than later, as this "retirement" is said to be a consequence of yet another spat he had with Vince McMahon. McMahon and Ross reportedly have a frosty relationship, as Ross is one of the few people to speak his mind to McMahon, who isn't used to having someone disagree with him. Triple H reportedly supports Ross and wants to bring him back to WWE.
- WWE's Divas division hasn't exactly been putting out a strong product for quite some time now. One person who has noticed is former Diva Tammy "Sunny" Sytch, who in a recent interview, called out the Divas roster for lacking heart and passion for the business. The only exception she mentioned is Natalya, while she went on to bash the Divas for using wrestling as a stepping stone to other careers. Agree or disagree with "the first Diva" on the state of the division?
- Speaking of Divas, Kharma recently stated in an interview that she is ready to return to WWE and indicated that WWE is interested in having her back. She has dropped a significant amount of weight (using DDP Yoga) and has been trying to "reinvent" herself in the ring.
- It was recently reported that Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore was hired to a coaching position in NXT, replacing Joey Mercury. Mercury vacated the position as he is being promoted to a producers role on the main WWE roster.
- WWE released NXT wrestler James Bronson, real name Phil Friedman, a former MMA fighter. He has been out of action for quite some time dealing with an injury.
- Saturday Morning Slam may not be coming back. CW, the network which aired SMS, has started its new season of programming without the show as part of the lineup. WWE has also been mum on the status of the show, indicating that it likely will not be returning.
- Mickie James, who was unable to come to terms on a new deal with TNA, reportedly turned down a final offer of $60,000 a year from the company. She has expressed interest in returning to WWE, but WWE so far has not reciprocated that interest.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.