Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Yesterday, we mentioned that John Cena is being advertised for "special appearances" when WWE heads to Europe for an overseas tour in November. It is expected to be in a non-wrestling role and it's possible that it will not translate to appearances when the roster returns to the US. However, Cena is reportedly (surprise surprise) ahead of schedule in his rehab, no longer wearing a brace or sling. Instead, he is already up to the "Spider Tech" athletic tape he wore just prior to making his return from elbow surgery last year. So while it is not currently in the plans for Cena to be back in the ring before the previously rumored target date of Royal Rumble in January, it's entirely possible that Cena will be back before the end of 2013.
- WWE's other injured "superface," Sheamus, isn't quite on pace for such a speedy return after undergoing shoulder surgery. He is still expected to return for Royal Rumble as well, likely as a surprise entrant.
- In further injury return news, Rey Mysterio announced at a house show over the weekend that he will be making his in-ring return on October 16 in Queretaro, Mexico. Mysterio has been out since February after undergoing knee surgery.
- And hey, what Rumor Roundup dealing with injuries would be complete without a mention of Christian? He has been out of action since last month with a concussion but it scheduled to appear at the October 10 NXT tapings.
- Los Matadores, a repackaging of Primo and Epico, are set to make their debut at next week's (Sept. 30) Raw from Biloxi, MS. The rumored plan for their first feud is having them go up against the Real Americans, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro.
- As reported yesterday, NXT announcer Tony Dawson is no longer with the company. No reason has been given so far for his removal and Dawson has not yet commented as of this writing.
- TNA has officially removed the names of Mickie James and Ken Anderson from the roster section of their website. Each had their contracts expire last week and neither was able to agree to terms to remain with the company. James has expressed interest in returning to WWE but so far that interest appears one sided. Anderson's future is even more in doubt, as previous rumors about him "burning bridges" on his way out of WWE make a return there unlikely.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.