Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- John Cena is scheduled to be making several "special appearances" when WWE goes on an overseas tour in Europe in November.
- Samuray Del Sol, now going by the name "Kalisto" in NXT, had his first match in front of a live crowd in NXT at a weekend house show, defeating Baron Corbin. In other WWE weekend house show news, CM Punk returned to action after missing last week's shows with an ankle injury. Sami Zayn was also part of the WWE main roster tour, defeating Jack Swagger in a match.
- Word backstage is that Dixie Carter's heel promo on last Thursday's Impact is going to be the launching point for a new storyline. It is currently believed that AJ Styles will win the World Heavyweight Title from Bully Ray at Bound For Glory next month, then act as the primary face in the angle against Carter and a heel stable. One possible complicating factor is the short term contract Styles signed last month which is said to only run through December.
- We've noted before that Hulk Hogan's contract with TNA/Spike/Viacom (whoever actually owns the contract) is said to expire on October 1. Of the many reasons that date may mark the end of the Hulkster's run with TNA is that TNA took Hogan's participation in the WWE 2K14 video game as "a slap in the face." While Hogan didn't violate the terms of his contract in any way by participating in the marketing for the game, TNA is now worried that Hogan's deal with 2K Sports may prohibit him from marketing and/or appearing in the long-rumored TNA video game, which would be the company's first since 2010. That will certainly figure into any contract negotiations Hogan has with about extending his contract.
- At Saturday's TNA house show in Tucson, AZ, a fan tried to attack Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels as they were leaving the ring following a match. The fan reportedly threw a beer at Kazarian and charged him, but was restrained by security.
- Jay Briscoe is expected to return to the ring for Ring of Honor at the October 26 Glory by Honor event in Chicago, Il.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.