Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Saturday, Geno took the driver's seat of the Rumor Roundup with some juicy rumors that just couldn't wait until Monday. I definitely recommend checking that out as he added to stories we had been covering for the past few weeks, including the fate of AJ Styles with TNA and the likely plans for the Randy Orton/Daniel Bryan feud.
- As you may have heard, Mark Henry suffered a hamstring injury at a house show this past weekend. While there has been no official word as to the severity of the injury just yet, there is a legitimate fear that Henry tore his hamstring, an injury that would knock him out for several months. This would be unfortunate timing for Henry to suffer an injury, as he was set to team with the Big Show at Night of Champions against Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns of the Shield for the tag team titles. It had also been rumored that Henry and Show could be part of the anti-"corporation" team in a potential War Games style match at Battleground next month. If Henry does miss significant time with the injury, two options being talked about as possible replacements to team with Big Show are Dolph Ziggler and Christian.
- Triple H is working out in preparation for a match in the near feature, likely at the previously mentioned Battleground pay per view if a War Games match does materialize, which isn't surprising as Triple H has been a major proponent of bringing that match to WWE. Another match being talked about is Triple H taking on Big Show, which could happen at another pay per view between now and WrestleMania 30.
- Past rumors suggested that Brie Bella may win the WWE Diva's title from AJ Lee at Night of Champions, but that AJ's "pipe bomb" promo last Monday night made enough of an impression on the WWE decision makers that they may wish to draw this feud out longer, and possibly even include AJ on Total Divas. The current idea is that the two will "main event" in a match to be shown on the season 1 finale of Total Divas. It is not yet clear whether that will be taped at a pay per view for later showing or if it would actually be taped for the show exclusively.
- If you've been wondering why Kane hasn't been on WWE television lately, it is because he preparing to film See No Evil 2. The first See No Evil was WWE Studio's first ever theatrical release and also starred Kane. In other WWE Studios news, the total sales numbers for Marine 3: Homefront starring the Miz and 12 Rounds: Reloaded starring Randy Orton are in. Marine 3 sold 169,211 copies, greatly exceeding the studio's expectations. 12 Rounds has sold 51,727 copies.
- WWE announced over the weekend that the Survivor Series pay per view will take place in Boston, MA on November 24. Boston previously hosted Survivor Series in 2008.
- Sin Cara is not being advertised for WWE's upcoming October tour in Mexico. It is believed that there is still massive heat on Sin Cara for so quickly quitting his match after suffering what turned out to be a minor finger injury.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.