Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A few weeks ago, a rumor surfaced that WWE was working on a WrestleMania 30 main even match pitting Triple H vs. a Vince McMahon-backed Stone Cold Steve Austin for control of the company. Unfortunately for those possibly looking forward to it, it looks like that match is no longer on the table. The idea for match was apparently discussed in potential booking for the event, but it never got beyond the creative team writer's room. Of the many potential reasons for the match to be called off, the most prominent seems to be that the company wants Triple H to remain a face while McMahon plays the role of the heel. If McMahon had brought Austin back, there was not a chance in hell in that the crowd would boo him as a heel.
- Despite not including Austin, a Triple H/Vince McMahon power struggle is expected to continuing playing out for the rest of this year and into WrestleMania next year. Rumor now has it that Vince may turn to the Rock to represent him in the match instead of Austin. The Rock has recently stated that he hasn't closed the door on a return to wrestling, though as has been discussed before, Rock may have difficulty finding the required movie insurance should he choose to risk another injury returning to the wrestling ring.
- Despite WWE really wanting to get him on the card, the Big Show is unlikely to return in time for a match at SummerSlam. Though cleared to return to action from his injury this past Monday afternoon, he did not appear on WWE programming this week and anything inserting him into a storyline next week right before the pay per view would be too rushed. Big Show has been rehabbing at WWE's new training center in Orlando, FL, and recently changed his Twitter profile pic to one with him showing off perhaps the most well-toned arms he has had in his career.
- With so much bad news and negativity around TNA in recent weeks, especially in regards to them releasing employees left and right, a rare bit of good news has come along in that they've signed Magnus to a two-year contract extension. TNA is really trying to build a base in the U.K., and Dixie Carter has previously stated that she believes Mangus can be TNA's next big star.
- Now back to the bad news for TNA, Knockout star Taryn Terrell is out indefinitely citing personal issues. A Knockouts title win over Mickie James was planned for Terrell at Bound for Glory in October, but that match is obviously no longer in the cards.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.