After yet another long and exhaustive process, although not as long as usual, to determine the Greatest Stable in our latest tournament here on Cageside Seats, we have a winner. The Four Horsemen, consisting of Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham, and JJ Dillon, defeated the nWo, consisting of Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall, by a final tally of 69-67.
Yes, it was really that close.
It shouldn't be a surprise, really, considering the two factions involved and the epic battles they engaged in during their years in World Championship Wrestling (WCW).
Here's the Horsemen's path to supremacy:
(1) Four Horsemen vs. (8) Kings of Wrestling - 78-18
(1) Four Horsemen vs. (3) New Hart Foundation - 40-29
(1) Four Horsemen vs. (2) D-Generation X 1.0 - 51-15
(1) Four Horsemen vs. (1) D-Generation X 2.0 - 52-25
(1) Four Horsemen vs. (1) nWo - 69-67
That's an impressive list of stables defeated, including both incarnations of D-Generation X and the awesomely entertaining New Hart Foundation. The Four Horsemen truly are forever.
That does it for this tournament. Thanks for participating!
A look back at past tournaments: