Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- At SummerSlam, Brock Lesnar will take on CM Punk. This we know. And if you're a fan of the "beast" in this matchup, make sure to get your fill, as it is currently being said that Lesnar won't wrestle again until WrestleMania 30, mirroring his activity in WWE last year. His contract is believed to be for around two-dozen appearances a year (the year running from WrestleMania to WrestleMania) along with 3 matches. SummerSlam will be his second match in this contract year, after his Extreme Rules match with Triple H in May of this year.
- The very early plan for September's Night of Champions main event currently being leaked out in preliminary advertising is Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton for the WWE title. Keeping in mind that plans are always subject to change, with John Cena reportedly already scheduled for post-SummerSlam elbow surgery, this is yet another bit of evidence that either Bryan or Orton will be leaving this Sunday's event as WWE champion.
- Speaking of Cena and his surgery, there was some talk that he could remain on television in a non-wrestling role while recovering from the surgery. However, more recent rumors indicate that he will have time off of TV to recover from the surgery. Last fall when he had surgery to remove bone chips from his other elbow, Cena missed a few weeks but was brought back to TV before being cleared to actually wrestle due to severely slipping ratings. WWE may be planning to give him time off, but if something similar happens with the ratings, don't be surprised if his vacation is cut short.
- It was announced that TNA Knockout Taryn Terrell would be taking some time off for unknown personal reasons, nixing plans for her to win the TNA Knockouts title from Mickie James at Bound for Glory in October. It is now being reported that the reason for her absence is that she is pregnant.
- Mexican professional wrestler Ricky Marvin has signed a deal with Ring of Honor, and is expected to debut for the promotion in September.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.