Everybody who comes to Cageside Seats has an opinion about what's going on in pro wrestling - The Smark's Shoot Standings (S3) are where YOU let us know YOURS.
Cast a vote in the comments. Give us the three performers you think entertained or impressed the most in the last week, and feel free to talk about why. And/or vote for your top performer in our poll.
We also have the outcome of last week's voting, the results of which make up our annual competition for Performer of the Year. And this week, is a full, spreadsheet-y version with every vote getter of the year-to-date.
Remember, the Standings are for the previous week - the July 1st episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Wednesday night's WWE Main Event, TNA Impact from July 4th and the WWE SmackDown that aired on Friday the 5th.
Make YOUR mark, smarks!
I mentioned over in the NXT post that I want one of these, and I'm not even joking you guys...
Future S3 Performer of the Year BLEACHER CREATURE! No self-respecting Smark fan cave is complete without one.
• A-Double unmasked for his first appearance of the year, all the way up at #2. It was a good week for Total Nonstop Action, as several smark faves shined through the Main Event Muck to earn votes.
• Heyman and Punk brought the drama on Raw, with Paul E. earning a little more love for pulling double-duty.
• The Del Rio turn continues to earn high marks, as both he and Ricardo both received a good deal of support (although for Rodriguez, it will be the last time he's eligible for a little while)
• AJ continues her championship run with the love of her biggest fans.
• Sheamus had a good match with Damien Sandow on Smackdown, and did very well in the poll vote.
The S3: 2013-14, Week 12
1. Daniel Bryan
2. Austin Aries
3. Paul Heyman
4. Alberto Del Rio
6. CM Punk
7. AJ Lee
8. Ricardo Rodriguez
9. (tie) Bobby Roode
9. (tie) Samoa Joe
Points in our weekly Standings determine our annual list (the how and why of all things S3 can be found here).
At 12 weeks, we're a quarter of the way into the year and, as promised, it's time to check in with more than just a top ten. Here is a complete annual Standings of all 53 performers who have placed in a weekly top ten this "year" with their point total and some other relevant data.
The S3 Performer of the Year - through the Week Ending June 29
It's certainly Bryan's to lose at this point, but there are quite a few interesting storylines percolating on television and in the world of Smark reaction.
Have The Shield stalled? Can Punk spot the field two and a half months and still make a run at the top? What impact will the Money in the Bank briefcases have? What impact will Bray Wyatt have?
Stick around and help us figure out the answers to all of those questions and more. CSS' coverage of Raw, Main Event, Impact and Smackdown, should refresh your memory about the week in question, then kick off the second quarter of the year by voting below!