Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It's not often we lead with NXT news, but when it involves a top prospect like Kassius Ohno, we will. Rumors indicate that there were plans in place to call Ohno up to the main roster this summer, but they have now been put on hold indefinitely. In addition, Ohno has been pulled from all NXT tapings for the foreseeable future as well. Though he has reportedly received high praise for his in-ring work, Ohno is said to have been dodging workout sessions and has not been making progress towards improving his physique as WWE has asked him to do.
- Brock Lesnar is advertised to appear on the August 5, August 12, and August 19 editions of Raw. Though it has not yet been officially announced, it is pretty clear that he and CM Punk will have a match at SummerSlam. The August 19 Raw is especially intriguing as the SummerSlam fallout show, possibly setting up Lesnar's departure once again.
- In some injury updates, Sheamus announced via Twitter on Saturday that he has been cleared to return to action after suffering a severe thigh bruise at last week's Money in the Bank pay per view. CM Punk is dealing with a left ankle injury, but it is not believed that he will miss any time.
- Former WWE diva Victoria, who was recently released from TNA where she worked as Tara, may be preparing for a return to WWE. It was previously thought that her age (42) may prevent her from making a WWE return, as WWE prefers younger women for their diva's division, but a failure to bring back other former divas may open the door for her return.
- Possibly joining Victoria/Tara in WWE might be fellow TNA castoffs Matt Morgan and Luke "DOC" Gallows. WWE reportedly has interest in signing Morgan, who is likewise interested in joining the company. Gallows/DOC (real name Drew Hankinson,) tweeted that he has a "big announcement" to be revealed soon.
- For TNA, it seems that when it rains, it pours. At a house show on Saturday (July 20) in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, a number of talents (including new world champion Chris Sabin, several of the Aces and Eights, and Gail Kim amongst others) were not allowed to compete as they were not licensed by the Missouri Athletic Commission to wrestle. The show went on with only 5 matches, having Bully Ray, Devon, Gunner, and James Storm each pull double duty in order to even get that many. TNA failed to renew the licenses of the wrestlers in question in time for the event, though did apologize. TNA allowed fans backstage for free after the show to meet the wrestlers to make up for it.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.