Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In news that will likely make many of you very happy, it is looking more and more likely that Daniel Bryan will be winning the WWE championship from John Cena. It may not happen at SummerSlam, possibly coming at a rematch at some time after that (such as September's Night of Champions pay-per-view,) but current rumors strongly suggest that Daniel Bryan will be WWE champion...for at least a couple of seconds. That's because Randy Orton, the WWE title Mr. Money in the Bank, will likely use Bryan's win to turn heel and cash in. Bryan and Orton would then feud throughout the fall months.
- As most have expected, the Undertaker is officially out for SummerSlam. He was written out of storylines with an injury at the hands of the Shield, but was scheduled to undergo shoulder surgery at the time anyway. We likely won't see the Deadman return to WWE TV until his usual comeback time for the build to WrestleMania 30.
- It looks like Rob Van Dam will be working a very full schedule, at least through SummerSlam, so what will he be doing in that time? Well, it looks like he will be moving into a feud with Curtis Axel for the Intercontinental title, culminating in a match at SummerSlam. Axel will likely come away as the winner, with RVD playing the Jericho role as a high end "enhancement talent."
- The Big Show is scheduled to return on Raw this coming Monday (July 22.) There are conflicting reports as to whether he was out with a shoulder injury or a knee injury (possibly even both,) but he is set to make his return. Kofi Kingston may also be making his return soon after recovering from elbow surgery.
- TNA agent and occasional on-screen talent D-Lo Brown was one of the many casualties in TNA's recent purge. It is being said that his role as an agent is being offered to Devon, who is said to be winding down his role as an active wrestler.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.