Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The planned Dean Ambrose/Christian U.S. Title feud has been called off. No reason has been given, but the two were originally expected to have at match at SummerSlam. This was then moved to the July 15 edition of Raw, but has now been cut entirely. With Ambrose not appearing on either this week's "go home show" Raw or the (slight spoiler) upcoming Smackdown, hopefully there is no injury or suspension at play. It could also potentially mean that either he (or Christian) is set to win one of the Money in the Bank matches, so storylines were changed.
- Speaking of The Shield, there were reportedly some in the back who were not happy that their tag team championship match with the Usos was moved to the Money in the Bank pre-show, even though it was done due to time constraints.
- WWE is looking to pick the venue for WrestleMania 31 in 2015, and one of the leading candidates is believed to be the under-construction Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California. It will be the stadium of the San Francisco 49ers starting in 2014, and is already set to host the 2016 Super Bowl.
- WWE is preparing to film the next round of NXT episodes at their new performance center in Orlando, FL. To kick things off, they're advertising main roster superstars such as Dolph Ziggler, Big E Langston, and AJ Lee in addition to the Wyatt Family.
- Entertainment news rumors suggested that actor Liev Schreiber would be playing Chris Benoit in the movie "Crossface," a story detailing Benoit from his early life to his death in a murder-suicide. TMZ is reporting that Schreiber will NOT be playing that role.
- Referee Scott Armstong tweeted the following picture from the new WWE performance center, with several of the newly signed wrestlers around the ring in the background. Most notable amongst the bunch is Sami Callihan, though I'm sure some of the independent circuit experts amongst us can identify a few more.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.